SAT Summer Crash Course
This is a 2-week, intense SAT crash course designed for students who have successfully completed Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2.
Class size will be limited (15 students or fewer) to ensure individualized attention.
- a comprehensive guide to the SAT
- concept lessons in each math area
- problem sets with feedback
- timed practice tests
- learn test-taking skills
- free resources to support your ongoing prep
- what to expect on test day
- determining which test is right for you: ACT or SAT
1) Space is limited due to small group size to maximize learning.
2) There will be a short assessment required to be completed and returned to the instructor prior to July 8, 2019.
Two snacks will be provided each day. Participants are responsible for their own lunches.
About the Instructor:
Melissa has a BA from Johns Hopkins University in Applied Mathematics. After graduating, she used her statistics skills in the Research Department of a world-class neuroscience-based company that makes educational software for children with learning disabilities. She has also taught Algebra 1 and Algebra 2 and really enjoys teaching the subjects while getting the students excited about an area of math that is new for them. Several years ago, Melissa became a freelance math tutor and instructor. She is known for her abilities to energize her students of varying ages and levels of proficiency. Her patience and ability to explain things in a variety of ways helps students to feel at ease. By acknowledging the anxiety around the SAT, Melissa helps students break it down into manageable and achievable goals.
Dates: 10 total days of instruction (Week of July 22 and Week of July 29)